Motor Carrier Customer Service
MOTOR CARRIER DIVISION
4501 South 2700 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-8240
Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Contact the Motor Carrier Customer Service Division for assistance with:
- Permit Requests
- Construction Restrictions
- LCV Application Request
- Port Bypass Program Info
- Routing Assistance
- Unified Carrier Registration Info
Phone: (801) 965-4892 or (866) 215-5399
Fax: (801) 965-4847
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance
- Data Qs
- Federal Highway Administration
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Federal Register
- First Gov | The U.S. Government’s Official Web Portal
- Hazardous Material Regulations
- Impound Vehicle Service (IVS System)
- International Fuel Tax Agreement
- International Registration Plan
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration
- Transportation Security Administration
- Transportation Safety Institute
- U.S. Code
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- USDOT Registration
- Utah Drivers License Division
- Utah Laws
- Utah Office of Administrative Rules
- Utah Tow Truck Regulations
- What is the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s web address?
- What do I need to do to start a trucking business?
- Check out the Federal Motor Carriers Frequently Asked Questions.
- How do I obtain a copy of my company profile or challenge data shown on my profile?
- That information is found in the FMCSA Portal.
- How can I change the name and address of my business online?
- Visit the FMCSA Registration webpage for instructions.
- Where can I find carrier safety ratings, inspections, and accident summary data?
- The FMCSA SAFER system contains that type of information.
- Where can I file a complaint against a motor carrier company?
- You can file a complaint on our Motor Carrier Comments and Complaints webpage.
- Where can I set up an account to monitor my CSA information?
- On the FMCSA Portal.
- Where can I find information about the transportation of hazardous materials?
- That information is found in two locations, the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration website and the FMCSA Hazardous Materials webpage.
- What safety and security programs are available through the FMCSA?
- Visit the FMCSA Safety webpage for information and links to safety and security initiatives, resources and regulations.
- Where can I find information concerning UCR?
- How do I contact the UDOT Motor Carrier Division to purchase permits online, ask questions or access the Motor Carrier Guide?
- Where are the locations and phone numbers of the eight ports of entry in Utah?
- A list can be found with our Motor Carrier Contacts.
- How do I get started?
- We have created several Getting Started webpages to help answer this question.
- Where do I find driver education and training information?
- The FMCSA Resources for Drivers webpage contains this information.
- Where is the Pre-Employment Screening Program?
- This program assists motor carriers with investigating crash history and roadside safety performance of prospective drivers and can be found on the FMCSA website at psp.fmcsa.dot.gov.
DRIVER AND COMPANY SAFETY RESOURCES
This program teaches automobile drivers how to drive safety around big-rigs. Visit Truck Smart for a driver education instructor’s toolkit and current advertising campaign information.
Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA)
CVSA.org, has many safety programs including Operation Safe Driver and Teens and Trucks.